1. What is the overall objective of the European Health Parliament?
The 6 initiating partners aspire to create & facilitate an idea-generating platform with 55 young professionals and students who want to help shape the outlook of future European healthcare. The 55 participants will form a European Health Parliament (EHP) and formulate innovative ideas for making Europe a healthier place and reshaping the European healthcare system. The ideas will be shared with policy makers and the healthcare community across the EU Member States.
2. Who can participate?
We are looking for enthusiastic young thinkers with an ambition to co-shape future Europe and to co-author policy recommendations. Participants need to be below 35 years old and hold at least a Bachelor degree. Prior experience or background in healthcare is desired, but not required.
3. What are the timelines?
The Third Edition of the EHP lasts for 6 months. A kick-off meeting has been organized on the 3rd of October at the Radisson Red, Rue d’Idalie 35, 1050 Ixelles, Belgium. This is just an informal after work cocktail.
4 Plenary sessions (1-day meeting) have been scheduled in the course of the program. They will take place in the Brussels area on the following dates:
- October 17th 2017 (Opening Session)
- December 05th 2017
- February 20th 2018
- April 24th 2018 (Closing Session)
Participants’ availability is required at all Plenary Sessions.
4. How will the European Health Parliament work in practice?
During the first kick-off meeting, partners present the list of 5 themes/topics so that participants have 2 weeks to decide on which one to be engaged. EHP participants will be then divided into 5 Committees according to their preferences.
At the 1st Plenary Session:
- participants elect their own EHP President;
- each Committee will elect a Committee Chairperson. The elected EHP President and the elected 5 EHP Committee Chairpersons are added to the Steering Committee as from October 2017 onwards. The Committees will determine independently their own internal processes and working modus. The 6 initiating Partners will provide logistic, methodological and editorial support if requested by the Committee.
Then each EHP Committee begins working around 1 specific theme/topic, which will result in a policy recommendation at the end of the program. The Committees will communicate their ideas via several social media channels throughout the program.
5. How much time should I dedicate to this project?
Participants are required to be available and engage actively in the 4 Plenary Sessions. In between sessions, it is up to each Committee to identify the most suitable working method. Committee participants can meet face-to-face and/or communicate via a wide range of social media and platforms that will be at their disposal.
6. What is the cost for participants?
There is no participation fee for participants. Travel/logistics costs will not be reimbursed.
7. More questions?
For more information, please contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org