April, 24, 2018
HEALTHCARE FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE
1: Create higher coordination between Member States on forecasted EU health workforce cross-border mobility flows through:
- Making data collection & monitoring of health workforce mobility indicators centrally available by setting up an EU health workforce monitoring capacity.
- Creating a European Coalition on health workforce consisting of national competent authorities and stakeholders treating and acting upon the collected data.
2: Create an attractive working climate for the health workforce in every EU Member states through developing national policies that aim to:
- Promote self-care and health literacy of the population.
- Redesign and diversify professional roles.
- Introduce measures to reduce work pressure for health professionals.
- Fund and promote infrastructures and educational programmes for digital/telehealth.
3: Balance access to healthcare professionals within EU Member states through:
- Stimulating and incentivising partnerships between universities in over- and undersupplied areas as a precursor to higher retention in medically under-supplied areas.
- Using real-world centralised EU data and forecasting indicators to set numeri clausi.
- Organise promotional campaigns to promote under-supplied health professions in medically under-supplied areas.
4: Integrate transversal skills in EU undergraduate training programmes of healthcare professionals by:
- Including them in the EC Directive on Recognition of Professional Qualifications for healthcare professions.
- Enhancing collaboration between the EU Commission and Member states on the integration of transversal skills in national curricula.
5: Ensure equal access to quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Programmes for all health professionals across the EU through:
- Strengthening European cooperation on CPD Programmes and education methods.
- Incentivising participation of health professionals in CPD Programmes in the EU.
Healthcare for the people, by the people